Sunday, June 20, 2010

Banner number 1.

I spent most of Thursday night dying calico for a set of two banners for my Market stall. Of course they had to be my favorite colour..... Magenta! I even love the name :) The Dylon dye was so easy to use too. I got it in Mackay on Thursday from Spotlight, who was having a 20% off sale! No boiling water on the stove, just warm water from the tap and a lot of stirring!


Then Friday was spent tracing 'The Pin-Striped Fox onto iron-on adhesive, cutting, then ironing to the fabric, then cutting out again.



Finally, ironing onto the banner, hems ironed and fixed with iron-on adhesive again (I LOVE this stuff).



There's still a lot of work to do, including using some kind of glitter glue to go around the letters and attaching straps of some description to the corners. I have another larger banner already cut-out and dyed which will go at the back wall of our stall and will have the name as well as a large fox logo. Lot of plans in the works at the moment including a large sign to hang from our Gazebo, making our table cloth wind-proof, and learning Wet/Dry and Needle Felting, (very excited about that one!) Stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. I should probably mention, incase you go looking for Magenta dye from Dylon; that it's actually called Flamingo Pink. But it was the closest I could get to Magenta :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The banner looks great! What about sewing sequins on -- you can get lengths of "dancers sequins that are sewn in strands of single, double and triple" -- ebay has lots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! I hadn't though about that! Hmmm, might have to get myself an ebay account! (I've been holding off as long as possible, ebay and my addictive personality don't mix well ;))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, so can't wait for Ebay! I bought some glitter glue today, so I'll do my first banner with that then try and get the sequins for the 2nd one. As this one will most likely be out at the front of the stall and sometimes in the sun, the sequins might be better kept for the one under cover? I'd love to get the strands of those tiny little sequins too, very cute!

    ReplyDelete