Thursday, June 17, 2010

New Display Case for the Markets


After a few weeks of designing, building, painting, tweaking, and a little more painting, my display case is pretty much done! For the first month or so, Mum and I would have to wrestle my old, dinosaur of a case downstairs, into the car and then to our stall every Sunday and get it back home again. I love my old case, but the size and shape just made it a lot awkward.



Taking a chainsaw to the old case seemed a little dramatic, (fun, but a little dramatic) so, Dad and I sat down, sketched a few designs out, and using an old photo frame as a base, we set about building a new one.



I love working in Dad's shed with him, the smell of sawdust, and the feel of smooth timber, and being able to create something from bare timber, nails and paint. So, it's finally done, everything's the colour it should be, the shelves are lined and I have strawberry rhubarb Partylite candles tucked behind the books to make everything smell nice.

A big thanks to Dad for helping me build the case, and another big thanks to Mum for helping me carry it every week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment